Unfortunately, many people don’t spend their cards’ worth completely. Some people often throw them away or forget about them when they find out the gift card has a low balance. This should not be the case. But, how do you even check your Dairy Queen gift card balance? Let’s find out below.
Check Dairy Queen Gift Card Balance
You can check the Dairy Queen balance by asking a cashier at a nearby Dairy Queen store or by calling Dairy Queen customer support at 1-877-300-1786. Let’s look at each method in detail. Unfortunately, you can not check the DQ gift card balance online.
At The Dairy Queen Restaurant
You can get your Dairy Queen gift card balance at the store by following these simple steps.
- Find and locate the nearest Dairy Queen store. If you are new to the area, you can try finding the store using the locator. This will help you find the address of the nearest store you are looking for.
- You will need to enter the name of the state you are living in or the zip code in the search bar, then press the search button.
- Check the provided results and figure out which store is near you to visit.
- After finding the store, go in person and let a Dairy Queen store employee attend to you.
- Ask the attendant at the cash register to help you check the balance on your Dairy Queen gift card.
- The attendant will ask you to wait for a few seconds as he or she checks your card.
- When the checking is complete, they will tell you how much you are remaining with on your gift card
By Calling Dairy Queen Customer Support
You can also use your phone to call the Dairy Queen customer care number at 1-877-300-1786. Talk to them to help you check your gift card balance.
You can follow the steps below to do so.
- Visit the official Dairy Queen website.
- Find the customer care number on their contacts page. It is usually stated as 1-877-300-1786.
- Dial the number and call customer care service. They are always online and ready to attend to anyone.
- As you talk to customer support, listen well to whatever instructions you give.
- Customer support will ask you for your Dairy Queen gift card number. Make sure you know where it is. You will often find it at the back of the card.
- Wait for a few minutes as your balance is checked.
- The attendant will then let you know how much balance you are remaining with on your Dairy Queen gift card.
- If you still have any more questions about the status of your gift card, you can reach out to them. You can do so through this email, DQinfo@svmcards.com.
How to Replace a Stolen Dairy Queen Gift Card?
Most people often misplace or lose their Dairy Queen gift cards before using them. Well, whether yours was stolen or you just misplaced it and can’t find it anymore, you can still get it replaced with a new one. This is all you have to do.
- Find the nearest Dairy Queen store.
- Visit the store and talk to the attendant at the cash register.
- For you to get a new one, they will definitely need proof that you bought the missing gift card.
- They will ask you to provide them with the original receipt issued to you when you purchased the gift card.
- The store will issue you a new Dairy Queen gift card if you can produce this receipt.
Dairy Queen Gift Card Doesn’t Have a PIN, What to Do?
If your Dairy Queen gift does not have a pin, don’t worry; you can still use it. However, you will only be limited to using it at a physical Dairy Queen store. You cannot use it online. Also, you will not be able to check the balance of your Dairy Queen gift card if it doesn’t have a PIN. This can be sorted out by replacing it with a new one at a Dairy Queen store.
About Dairy Queen Gift Cards
If you are ever gifted with a Dairy Queen gift card, here are a few things you need to know about the card.
- First, a Dairy Queen gift card can be loaded at a maximum of $250. Also, for an individual card, you cannot exceed $500 in total purchases in just a single day.
- The card can also be used or redeemed at any Dairy Queen store across Canada and USA.
- If your card is stolen or lost, you can replace it with a new one as long as you have proof that you purchased a Dairy Queen gift card. This is usually just the purchase receipt.
- Dairy Queen gift cards don’t always have an expiry date. This means that you can be able to use them at any given time.
- The gift cards cannot be Transferred.
- Dairy Queen gift cards cannot be reloaded.
- You cannot use them to buy other gift cards.
- Unless it is a requirement by the laws of the state you live in, you cannot redeem your Dairy Queen gift card for cash.
What To Do After Checking The Dairy Queen Gift Card Balance?
As mentioned, most people tend to forget about their gift cards when only a few bucks are left. It is even quite unfortunate that other people throw them away. After checking the balance, you can still do a couple of things with your Dairy Queen gift card. If you find out that you still have a couple of dollars left, there are a few options. But here are a few things you can still do.
- You can let the remaining amount be transferred back to the store. In this case, Dairy Queen.
- Find out if you can still make a final purchase just to clear your gift card completely.
- Find out if you can redeem the remaining amount through various platforms.
In the United States, there are eleven states that allow companies to reimburse gift card holders with cash. This is for the remaining balance. This is only viable if your gift card balance is less than a certain amount. See the table below for more information.
|States that allow cash reimbursements||Maximum limit you shouldn’t exceed|
|Rhode Island and Vermont||$1|
|Washington, New Jersey, Colorado, Montana, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Massachusetts, Maine||$5|
Dairy Queen Gift Card as a Gift
If you are a big fan of ice cream, then Dairy Queen is where you need to be. The restaurant is popular for its frozen menu. The place is sometimes called by its abbreviation, DQ. They also serve other items like chicken sandwiches, wraps, hot dogs, and burgers, among other things. This is why a Dairy Queen gift card can be suitable for someone who likes sweet things. Probably someone who has a sweet tooth.